Enabling Temporary Okta Admin
Enable temporary Okta Admin access to troubleshoot logins by viewing the system log or editing an Okta App.
Step 1: Integrate with Okta
Set up pulling updates and making changes to Okta with the Okta Groups webhooks. Once you've configured the integration, you can pull the Okta Users and Groups on the Resources page.
Step 2: Select the Okta Admin Group
Select an Okta Group that has elevated admin privileges or create a new one by following these steps:
- Go to Directory → Groups then "Add Group" (e.g. "Okta Readonly Admin")
- Go to Security → Administrators then "Add Administrator Group"
- Grant admin access (e.g. "Readonly Admin") to the group
Step 3: Configure your Indent Policies
- Open the "Access Request Rules" section and navigate to the rules for your new resource.
- Configure the approvers for granting access to your Okta Groups.
Step 4: Make a test request
- Go to Request Access.
- Select your Okta Group from the dropdown and enter a reason for access.
- Once the access is approved, check the group's page to confirm membership.
Congrats! You’ve just configured requesting and managing temporary Okta Admin access with Indent.