This guide will show you how to setup an integration with Figma and Indent. Once complete, you can request secure access to view files in Figma.
What can I do with Figma + Indent?
- Share viewer access to design files that is time-bound and audit-logged
- Secure files from unauthorized internal access by limiting indefinite permissions
- Streamline onboarding for new hires who need to view in-progress designs
Design software, prototype, and gather feedback all in one place with Figma. Open design to all stakeholders and let everyone into the design process. Follow any design as it evolves. Turn ideas into products faster. Figma: Where Design Lives.
This integration works by managing users access to Figma by moving them in and out of Okta Groups to provision and deprovision access. This enables teams to control Okta App access using time-bound, role-based access control.
If you have any questions or need help with the integration, please contact our support team.
This page assumes you completed the Indent Quickstart. (5 min setup)
1. Install the Figma Okta App
- Follow the instructions for installing the Figma Okta App
- Test your integration by assigning yourself the app and signing into Figma
2. Create the Okta Groups
- Create a group for baseline access, naming conventions typically look like:
- Figma - Viewers
- Make sure the group assign access to the application
- Note: currently Figma only supports granting and revoking "Viewer" role access.
3. Install Indent + Okta Groups integration
- Follow the instructions for installing the Indent + Okta Groups integration
- Test with a group to make sure that provisioning works as expected
Using Indent for Okta Apps
Congrats! Your integration is ready. Now it's time to use Figma + Indent to get secure time-bound and on-demand access. Try requesting access from the Indent dashboard. If you have the Slack integration setup, you can type
/access or click the lightning bolt to submit a request.
On your Petitions page you should be able to see your request as part of a petition.
Try clicking the petition to view more details. From the petition details page, click the Review Petition button and follow the prompts.
Once approved, you'll be a member of the Okta Group. You now have secure time-bound access thanks to Indent and the Figma integration.
Can Indent host the integration for me?
Sure! We can host the integration on an AWS tenant. That's a popular way to do an initial setup while your teams test out Indent. To start that process, contact Indent Support
How do I ask for help?
If you have questions or need help with your integration, try chatting with Indent Support.