This guide will show you how to securely send data from Indent to Drata. Once complete, you'll have a repeatable way to fulfill a major part of your SOC 2 and other auditory compliance.
This page assumes you completed the Indent Quickstart. (5 min setup)
- Indent’s Quickstart (5 min setup)
- Drata Account
This guide uses a CSV as a flat file for transferring data between Drata + Indent. No other tooling or configuration necessary.
1. Open the SOC 2 audit report
- On your Indent dashboard go to Audit → SOC 2 Audit Report
- Select the date range for the audit log you would like to share with Drata
- Click the Share button, and choose between Export as CSV or Export as XLS
2. Upload to Drata
- Sign into your Drata dashboard
- Follow their instructions for uploading the audit log CSV
- Delete the local copy, and then also delete it from your recycle bin
Congrats! You've completed the Drata + Indent guide. By following this guide, you now have an easily repeatable process for satisfying SOC 2 auditory compliance for access control.
Why can't I see the Audit section?
Audit logs are restricted to Petition Admins and Editor roles. Contact your Indent Admin, and they should be able to grant temporary access or get the export on your behalf.
Will this integration be automated at some point?
We're thinking about it! If this is an important feature for you, please reach out to your contact at Indent and let us know!
How do I ask for help?
If you have questions or need help with your integration, try chatting with Indent Support.