Indent is quick and easy to install. It takes a few minutes and doesn't need access to your codebase, just read and write access to organization team membership.
What can I do with GitHub + Indent?
- Grant temporary admin or branch rule bypass privileges
- Request team membership via Slack (using
- Approve requests and set durations from Slack, web, or email
- Log who had which permissions, for how long, and why
- Auto-expire permissions and team membership, but provide fast turnaround for access renewal
For a full list of available integrations, view our Integrations page.
1. Install GitHub integration
- Go to Indent dashboard → GitHub integration page
- Follow instructions for creating a GitHub access token (classic or fine-grained)
- Enter GitHub org (e.g.
acmeinc) and token (e.g.
github_pat_123) into Indent
- Click Install to complete the integration
2. Grant on-demand access to GitHub Teams
- Once the GitHub Teams have been pulled into Indent, you can start granting access
- Users will need to have the
github/idlabel set on their profile
- This can be edited on their user profile under the "Resources" tab
- Or when they request, they will be prompted to OAuth into GitHub to link their username
That's it! 🎉
Paying Indent customers have a direct line for support through the Indent Community Slack. Any questions posted there receive priority response.
Need help getting set up? Talk to our team for any questions.
How do I ask for help?
If you have questions or need help with your integration, try chatting with the Indent Support.