Indent uses webhooks to communicate safely with your software environment. Indent's webhooks are particularly useful for:
- Managing access through your identity provider.
- Adding resources securely from internal systems.
- Sending activity data to your Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system.
You can start using Indent webhook integrations in just three steps:
- Create a webhook endpoint in your cloud environment.
- Test your webhook to make sure that your endpoint works.
- Register your webhook with Indent to manage access to your systems.
Webhooks refer to a collection of elements which create a notification and reaction system inside larger integrations. Webhooks are like a callback number that Indent uses to notify you of activity in your Space.
There are two interfaces a webhook can implement: change management or pull update. Change management webhooks handle events like granting or revoking access to your systems. Pull update webhooks securely gather the latest updates from sensitive internal services like customer accounts without exposing them online.
You can self-host webhooks to keep sensitive API credentials and tokens behind your organization's firewall, while still benefiting from Indent's advanced communications and process automation. Indent can host your webhooks in a single-tenant cloud environment to demonstrate proof-of-concept or before deploying webhooks to production.